The initiative to use technology across industries has given rise to the development of software and...
Through technology, collections management can be optimized. This is important since a good collecti...
Entrepreneurship means making a business idea a reality, either through the production of a good or ...
Primary role of an in house legal counsel of a Corporate Legal Department is to ensure that effective legal support is provided to various departments, business units and teams where needed.
Primary Responsibilities of Legal Counsel are not limited to the following. A comprehensive Corporate legal management software solution such as Beveron Smart Legal Counsel will simplify these activities and ensure smooth operations.
• Assist legal in drafting and reviewing transactional documents, including purchase agreements, disclosure schedules, letters of intent and non-disclosure agreements, with the goal of taking over these matters from legal.
• Work closely with financial and debt collection team and ensure that timely advices are given to ensure bad debts are reduced.
Review and monitor business strategy step plans and ensure that from a legal perspective all necessary pre- and post- close steps are taken.
• Work with human resources and outside counsel to respond to employee claims; track overall trends and help implement best practices to avoid future disputes.
• Coordinate with Corporate IT on compliance, risk management and submit summaries of activities to legal for review. Identify trends and assist with best practice implementation.
• Assist Business heads with customer contracts and business association agreements.
• Be a point of contact General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance queries and track continuing compliance with the standard.
• Maintain the formal signing authority and contract approval process for all directors, officers and general managers.
• Be the lead point of contact in responding to subpoenas, claims and other corporate matters.
• Review and maintain corporate records and legal entity registers. Ensure that all minute books, officer and director information, and entity information held by local authorities is correct.
• Provide strategic legal advice to management on all matters.
• Track trademarks and assist with any disputes. Ensure that we are making sound business decisions when deploying resources to protect IP.
• Other tasks may include public filings and disclosures, drafting resolutions, commercial contracting, and litigation management.
• Stay abreast of relevant laws and regulations for the software industry. Document and ensure that the company follows all current business process laws.
• Manage external counsel in a cost-effective manner
You can fill any items as comments below, that are missing in this list.
If you need support to automate your legal department operations with systematic legal processes, please get in touch with Beveron legaltech consultants to provide a free evaluation and proposal.